I lead two workshops at Lawson Writing Academy, I'd love to have you join me.
Offered online through Lawson Writer's Academy lead by Suzanne Purvis
Sept 1st - Sept 30th, 2018
You’re in need of a synopsis.
I can hear the moans and groans echo through cyberspace.
But do not fear.
This class is here to help you . . .
* give your synopsis the attention it deserves.
* learn what to include and what to avoid in a synopsis.
* create a synopsis showcasing your best writing.
* add the intriguing emotional twists of your novel
* fill your synopsis with your unique writer’s voice.
* give clarity, succinctness, and pizazz to your synopsis.
The goal of this class through lessons, assignments, and plenty of feedback is for you to come away with a sizzling, scintillating synopsis.
A synopsis that will get the attention of an agent, editor, contest judge and prove you’re a professional and talented story teller.
No more moaning.
Learn how to create a stellar synopsis here.
The BUZZ from The Sizzling, Scintillating Synopsis Grads:
Suzanne helped me break down the synopsis into easily digestible parts, which prevents the overwhelm that so often accompanies writing one. Even just reading the forum responses and watching how she tightens language to achieve maximum impact, has been a godsend. I've waited for this course from Margie's site for over a year, and it was well worth the wait.
Great support, advice re tightening, adding voice and power and emotion. No one likes writing synopses but this class made it not only manageable but fun.
The lessons gave us a step by step blueprint, and the amazing help and personalized instruction made a seeming impossible task doable.
Writing a synopsis can feel overwhelming, but this class transforms a daunting class into a step-by-step highlight of the plot and character growth.
Awesome class. Suzanne is an excellent teacher and guide, very patient, very supportive and always spot-on with her suggestions.
I now have two kick-A synopses (a longer and a shorter one) which make me super-happy.
Thank you Suzanne for helping me achieve my writing goals and get my synopsis shipshape and Colorado Gold entry in on time!!
Coming October 2018
You’ve got that first draft done or almost done. Or maybe you’re on your 2nd, 3rd, or LAST revision and you’re working toward the finish line.
You’re ready for REVISION BOOTCAMP.
Get your marching orders.
Working with other recruits attack your revisions.
Or. . .
Maybe you’re looking for a REVISION RETREAT.
Be inspired to increase your creativity and productivity.
Engage with other creative souls and watch your revision dreams soar.
Whichever you choose, be ready for daily support, accountability, check-ins, revision lessons, plenty of camaraderie, inspiration, and productivity. No more writer’s solitary confinement.
Set GOALS. For the month, the week, the day. And then. . .
REVISE. REVISE. REVISE.
Novel, short stories, query, synopsis. Your choice. Your goals.
And you can. . .
Visit our virtual Coffee Shop to share accomplishments.
Sit down with a virtual latte. Share your gold star accomplishments, including daily goals achieved, contest entries, contest wins, agent submissions and signings, publications, etc. Join your classmates for a cup o joe and cheer each other’s big and small wins which can spur your own goals and ideas.
Visit our Martini Mind Bar to brainstorm.
Order a virtual martini. Throw out your questions to your bar mates and brainstorm. Hop onto a stool, share a drink, and help out a writer in need. Creativity feeds creativity.
Visit our Wine Bar to . . . well . . . whine.
Having a bad day? Not meeting your goals? Your mother-in-law showed up and she’s eating into your revision time? Sit down, relax, order a chardonnay and whine. Rants are welcome too. No judgment. Grab a glass of merlot and commiserate.
Visit our Critique Cafe to get help.
Do you have a description that you fear may be too flowery?
Have some dialogue you want to run by someone else’s ear
Are you re-writing and re-writing and re-writing the same page? Maybe the first page? To help you move on, pop in, order a virtual sandwich, and post a piece of your work for a critique from me and your fellow classmates. As a critique buddy, come on in and offer a fresh set of eyes. Just remember the Critiquing Golden Rule: critique how you’d like to be critiqued, fair and honest and kind.
So what are you waiting for.
Become inspired to focus on your writing and revision.
To commit. To prioritize. To accomplish more.
Thirty days filled with writing support, camaraderie, and learning, all to ensure your writing and revision goals become a reality.
Welcome. I'm so glad you stopped by.
I'm Suzanne Purvis, a writer and artist transplanted from Canada to the often unnoticed, and sometimes forgotten coast of the Florida Panhandle. Wedged up against Alabama and Georgia, the Deep South oozes into this corner of Florida, and once you visit you won't want to leave. That's what happened to me. Hard to resist the sweet tea, sweeter accents, the sugar white beaches, and turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
I write fiction of the long, short, and flash variety for both children and adults, usually with a touch or more of humor. I've garnered a few awards including first place in the University of Toronto, Trinity College Short Fiction Contest, first place in RWA Launch a Star Contest, Honorable Mention in the Bethlehem Writer's Roundtable, and third place in Women Who Write Short Fiction Contest. Inspiration abounds in my house overflowing with teenagers, dogs and a hero of a husband.
* My newest publication--a short story in DyslexiAssist reader Dragon on a High Hill available on Amazon here
* Macchiato Mix Up was published in a Let In Snow in print and ebook available on Amazon here
* "Prince of Chumulot" by Suzanne Purvis published in Guardian Angel Kids April 2015
* My winning short story "Macchiato Mix Up", and my Top Ten List of Inspirational Writer's Quotes are featured here at Bethlehem Writer's Roundtable for the month of September.
* Destined for Deception written by Suzanne Purvis and Sandra Tilley released in a boxed set of 4 sweet romances now available on Amazon here
* Suzanne Purvis won Honorable Mention in the Bethlehem Writer's Roundtable 2014 Short Fiction Contest with "Macchiato Mix Up" coming soon.
* Destined for Deception, a romantic suspense novella by Suzanne Purvis and Sandra Tilly, on Amazon
* Watch the trailer here for Destined for Deception by Suzanne Purvis and Sandra Tilly
* Calliope 2013 is now available here at Amazon with Suzanne Purvis's YA short "Paddle Through"
* "Paddle Through" written by Suzanne Purvis won third place in 2013 Women Who Write Short Fiction Contest and will appear in an upcoming anthology. Stay tuned for release date.
* "A Royally Rotten Red Day" by Suzanne Purvis, a story first conceived ten years ago, revised and revised and
revised, is now published. Find it in Spread Your Wings in the kindle edition and print on Amazon.
* Suzanne Purvis won Honorable Mention in the Bethlehem Writer's Roundtable 2013 Short Fiction Contest with "SARS Season." You can read the story here.
* "Mei Ling's Scents of Adventure" by Suzanne Purvis has made it into print. Knowonder! Herman's Horrible Day available here on Amazon.
* "Harry, a Prince of a Dog " by Suzanne Purvis has made it into print. Another knowonder! book on Amazon. Nerissa's Celebration Volume 3.
* "Look Out for Fluffkins" by Suzanne Purvis is available in print on Amazon in a collection by knowonder!
The White Sail Collection. Also available as a free read here.
* "Bait and Hook" by Suzanne Purvis won the University of Toronto Trinity College Alumni Short Fiction Contest
* "The Duck Family Reunion" published with Guardian Angel Kids.
* "My Fear Wears a Bow" published with Stories for Children.
Please, browse my website. Visit my blog. Enjoy some of my links. I love hearing from you, so drop me a line using the contact page.